Important Notice: DVSA Holiday Hours
As the festive season approaches, I want to ensure that all of us at BDS London are on the same page regarding the DVSA's amended schedule during the Christmas and New Year holidays. This period will undoubtedly impact our teaching schedules, test bookings, and student interactions, and I believe it's crucial for us to be fully prepared and informed.
DVSA's Altered Timings
The DVSA will operate on a different schedule during the holiday season. This includes varied opening hours for driving test centres, vehicle test stations, and customer service centres. Our role in guiding our students through this period is more vital than ever.
- 22nd Dec (Fri): Most centres open; Customer service as usual.
- 23rd Dec (Sat) - 24th Dec (Sun): Some centres open; Customer service closed.
- 25th Dec (Mon) - 26th Dec (Tue): Centres closed on 25th; Some open on 26th; Customer service closed.
- 27th Dec (Wed) - 29th Dec (Fri): Some centres open; Customer service from 8 am to 4 pm.
- 30th Dec (Sat) - 1st Jan (Mon, 2024): Some centres open; Customer service closed.
- From 2nd Jan (Tue): Most centres and stations resume normal operation.
Impact on Test Bookings
The holiday schedule significantly affects the deadlines for test changes or cancellations. Please advise your students accordingly and assist them with rescheduling if needed.
- Proactive Communication: Let's ensure our students are well-informed about these changes. A quick briefing at the start or end of lessons could be beneficial.
- Flexible Scheduling: We might need to be more flexible with our schedules to accommodate any last-minute changes or cancellations.
- Support and Guidance: Let’s be prepared to offer additional support and guidance, especially for students nearing their test dates.
The holiday season, while a break for many, can be a busy period for us in the driving school industry. Your dedication and hard work during this time are greatly appreciated. Let's continue to provide the best possible training and support to our students, ensuring they remain safe and confident on the roads.
Wishing you all a wonderful and successful holiday season!